Dena Bilbrew has given career advice to over 3000 people nationwide and helped them get one step closer to their “dream job.” Her diverse background has spanned 20 years including information technology, retail management, and career services. While the many changes in her career were not voluntary, each change caused her to realize the importance of transferable skills and the value of “reinventing” yourself.
Dena’s journey of coaching and mentoring others began as a Store Manager where she oversaw nearly 60 employees. While motivating her employees to be successful in their current position, she would often give them advice and encourage them to pursue their ultimate career goals. Several years later she became a Career Planning Instructor where she trained 500+ adult learners as they transitioned in the workforce. This is where she developed her keen ability to connect with people from various backgrounds and discovered her passion for training others.
Dena eventually made the transition to higher education and served as the Assistant Director of Career Services. In this capacity, she advised over 100 undergraduate/graduate students monthly, conducted 150+ career-related presentations/workshops, assisted with numerous professional development events, and interacted with hundreds of employers.
DB Professional Concepts was designed to give entry-level to senior level professionals the tools they need to get to the next step in their career. Dena truly believes that people really just need 2 things – confidence and a chance. Confidence comes from gaining the appropriate knowledge and a chance comes if you position yourself correctly. Dena is available to assist job seekers in several ways:
- An initial consultation to better understand their desired career path
- A resume, CV, and/or cover letter strategically written to market them appropriately
- Recommendations to improve their interviewing skills
- Job search strategies to position them for the career they desire
- A superstar LinkedIn profile that will attract potential employers
- Tips on utilizing social media for branding and interacting with employers
- Personal coaching sessions to answer personal questions and enhance overall professional development
- Interactive workshops for groups/organizations with role playing and Q & A
- Informative presentations for professional development conferences and events
- Motivational speaking to boost self-esteem and ignite a “can do” attitude
©Dena Bilbrew and DB Professional Concepts, 2012. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Dena Bilbrew and DB Professional Concepts with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.